Over 100 Tourists Suffer Food Poisoning at Chinese Club Med Hotel
Liao Shumin
/SOURCE : yicai
Over 100 Tourists Suffer Food Poisoning at Chinese Club Med Hotel

(Yicai Global) Feb. 11 -- More than 100 tourists at the Club Med in Northern China's Yabuli Ski Resort contracted food poisoning over the Chinese New Year after eating in the hotel's cafeteria.

The tourists suffered diarrhea, abdominal pain, vomiting and fever, Beijing Daily reported today, citing the Harbin Center for Disease Control and Prevention, which identified the infection as norovirus. The virus is highly contagious and can spread through the consumption of contaminated food.

The Yabuli Club Med spans over 15,000 square meters and has nearly 300 rooms, some of which cost more than CNY1,000 (USD148 a night).

Chinese investment group Fosun International picked up a 98 percent stake in the accommodation in March 2015, and last month partnered French ski school ESF to set up China's first training center for the sport.

Editor: James Boynton

Follow Yicai Global on
Keywords: Tourists , Club Med