(Yicai Global) June 12 -- Mercedes-Benz and Maserati will recall nearly 8,000 imported cars in China due to safety concerns, said the General Admintration of Customs of China today.>
Starting today, Mercedes-Benz will recall some of the imported Mercedes-Benz GLS sport-utility vehicles, SUVs, and S-Class cars made between Jan. 4 and June 5 last year involving a total of 7,799 vehicles. The left door lock in the cars poses a safety rk, said the recall plan Beijing Mercedes-Benz Sales Service filed to the customs admintration.
The German automaker will also recall 25 imported Mercedes-Benz AMG GT cars manufactured from March 28 to July 28 last year due to safety hazards of seatbelt devices.
In Italian luxury carmaker Maserati's case, there are sues with front sub-frames. Starting June 19, Shanghai Ferrari Maserati Cars International Trading will recall 12 Quattroporte cars manufactured from Aug. 4 to Oct. 9 last year, 20 Ghibli vehicles made between July 31 and Oct. 26, 2017, and 35 Levante SUVs produced between Aug. 1 and Dec. 12 last year.
In the past few months, several well-known automakers including Ford and FAW Volkswagen Automotive that makes Audi in China recalled thousands of vehicles in the country due to safety concerns.
Editor: Mevlut Katik