(Yicai Global) Oct. 27 -- The 2016 Forbes list of China's 400 Richest People identifies a record 400 Chinese US dollar billionaires with a total wealth of USD947 billion, up 14 percent from a year earlier.
This is a big increase from the first Forbes rich list for China in 2003 when there was just a single Chinese US dollar billionaire.
Mr. Wang Jianlin, president of Dalian Wanda Group Corp., one of China's biggest private property developers and the world's largest cinema chain operator, tops the list for the third time in the past four years with a fortune of USD33 billion.
Alibaba Group Holdings Ltd. founder, 52-year-old Mr. Jack Ma and Tencent Holdings Ltd. founder, 45-year-old Mr. Pony Ma were in second and third position with USD28.2 billion and USD24.5 billion.
The richest real estate entrepreneurs included Mr. Wang Jianlin at number one, Mr. Xu Jiayin, founder of the Evergrande Real Estate Group Ltd., China's second-largest property developer by sales, ranked ninth and Mr. Yao Zhenhua, chairman of financial conglomerate Shenzhen Baoneng Investment Group Ltd., who made headlines this year for his hostile takeover of China's largest real estate enterprise China Vanke Co., ranked tenth.
The richest information technology entrepreneurs included Mr. Jack Ma at number two, Mr. Pony Ma at number three, followed by Mr. Wang Wei, founder of courier company SF Express (Group) Co., in fourth place, Mr. William Ding, founder of game operator NetEase Inc., in fifth place and Mr. Robin Li, founder of Internet giant Baidu Inc., in seventh place.
Noticeably, chairman of clean-energy company Hanergy Holding Group Ltd. Mr. Li Hejun who ranked fourth on the 2013 Forbes list has fallen out of the top 100. This is likely due to the sudden drop in stock value of subsidiary Hanergy Thin Film Power Group Ltd. in May last year.
The Top Ten in the 2016 Forbes List of China's 400 Richest People Are:
1. President of Wanda Group Wang Jianlin, worth USD33 billion
2. Founder of Alibaba Jack Ma, worth USD28.2 billion
3. Founder of Tencent Ma Huateng, worth USD24.5 billion
4. President of SF Express Wang Wei, worth USD18.5 billion
5. Founder of Netease William Ding, worth USD15.2 billion
6. Founder of Amer International Group Wang Wenyin, worth USD13.8 billion
7. Founder of Baidu Robin Li, worth USD12.6 billion
8. Founder of Midea Group He Xiangjian, worth USD11.4 billion
9. Founder of Evergrande Group Xu Jiayin, worth USD9.8 billion
10. Chairman of Baoneng Group Yao Zhenhua, worth USD9.5 billion